Department Head: Jeff Peterson
Public Works Contact Info:
* Phone: 515-597-2256
* Email: email@example.com
Water and Sewer Contact Info:
* Phone: 515-597-2562
* Email: Utilities@HuxleyIowa.org
Gas & Electric:
* Alliant Energy: 1-800-822-4348
* Consumers Energy: 1-800-696-6552/1-641-752-1593
* Fire Department: 911
* First Responders/Emergency Medical Services: 911
* Police Department: 597-2002 (answered 24/7)
* Ankeny Sanitation: 964-5229
* Bennett Sanitation: 515-290-4664
* Chitty Garbage Services 1-800-541-8190
* Waste Management of Ames: 233-1458
* Huxley Communications: 597-2281
* Mediacom: 233-4646
Water & Sewer Utility Billing:
New Water Rates – effective January 1, 2017
A Water Application form and a $120.00 deposit is required for all new accounts. The deposit is refunded after a year of prompt payments have been established UNLESS you are renting your residence. Renter deposits will be returned when the tenant moves out of the residence. The deposit will be noted on the bill when it is credited.
* Our water rates are currently as follows: $17.15 monthly base fee. $4.45 per 1,000 gallons of water consumed.
* Our sewer rates are currently as follows: $25.00 monthly base fee. $4.45 per 1,000 gallons of water consumed.
* Tax is also figured at 7%. The above figures are what are used for the meter in your home. The city has second meters available for those who use large amounts of water outside their homes.
* The sewer charge is waived on the second meter. For further information on a second meter, please see the utility clerk.
* Once a month, city personnel will read the meter at your residence to determine your water usage.
* Bills are sent out around the 20th of each month and are to be paid in full by the 10th of the following month.
A $10.00 late fee will be added to each account that is delinquent.
If water is disconnected for any reason, a $50.00 reconnect fee will be charged to have water reestablished.
There is a $15.00 service charge on all returned checks.
If and when you move from Huxley, or to a different residence in Huxley, you will need to contact the utility clerk and make arrangements to final out the account for your residence. If this is not completed, all water and sewer usage will continue to be billed to you.
For more information see ORDINANCE NO. 368 under News and Notices above.
* Before beginning any construction make sure to check with city hall regarding any permits you may need.
* The snow removal ordinance will not be broadcasted over the radio or news. Whenever there is one inch of snow or more accumulated there will be no parking on any city street in the City of Huxley. The streets that are marked “Snow Route” will be the first streets removed of snow for safe travel. Then the city crews will get to the rest of the streets in no particular order.
* Once the removal of snow has begun, the police officers will start issuing citations to the vehicles left on the street. Citations will cost $25.00. The vehicle also has a chance of being towed at the owner’s expense.