Public Works Director: Jeff Peterson
* Phone: 515-597-2256
* Email: email@example.com
Water Superintendent: Keith Vitzthum
* Phone: 515-383-4309
Street Superintendent: Mat Kahler
* Phone: 515-592-2256
* Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Phone: 515-220-4805
* Email: email@example.com
Gas & Electric Services:
* Alliant Energy: 1-800-822-4348
* Consumers Energy: 1-800-696-6552/1-641-752-1593
* Fire Department: 911
* Ambulance/First Responders/Emergency Medical Services: 911
* Police Department: 597-2002 (answered 24/7 by Story County Dispatch)
* Ankeny Sanitation: 964-5229
* Garbage Guys: 515-707-3866
* Chitty Garbage Services 800-541-8190
* Waste Management of Ames: 233-1458
* Huxley Communications: 597-2281
* Mediacom: 233-4646
Water & Sewer Utility Billing
Utility Account Information and a $120.00 deposit is required for all new accounts. The deposit is refunded after a year of prompt payments has been established UNLESS you are renting your residence. Tenant deposits will be returned when the tenant moves out of the residence. The deposit will be noted on the bill when it is credited.
* Water rates: $17.15 monthly base fee. $4.45 per 1,000 gallons of water consumed
* Sewer rates: $25.00 monthly base fee. $4.45 per 1,000 gallons of water consumed
* Tax is also figured at 7%
* Once a month, city personnel will read meters at each residence to determine water usage.
* Bills are sent out around the 20th of each month and are to be paid in full by the 10th of the following month.
* Second meters are available for those who use large amounts of water outside their homes e.g. irrigation, etc. Sewer charges are waived on the consumption that goes through second meters. For further information on a second meter, please contact the utility clerk at 515-597-2561.
* Additional Fees:
A $10.00 late fee will be added to each utility account that is delinquent.
If water is disconnected for any reason, a $50.00 reconnect fee will be charged to have water reestablished.
There is a $15.00 service charge on all returned checks.
To close out or final a utility account, or if you are moving to a different residence in Huxley, you will need to contact the utility clerk and make arrangements to final out the account for your residence. If this is not completed, all water and sewer usage will continue to be billed to you.
For more information see ORDINANCE NO. 368 under News and Notices section of the website.
Before beginning any construction make sure to check with city hall regarding any permits you may need. If you are adding a deck, shed, or fence to your property, a permit is required.
Whenever there is one inch of snow or more accumulated there will be no parking on any city street in the City of Huxley. The streets that are marked “Snow Route” will be the first streets to have snow removed. Snow removal on all remaining streets will occur in no particular order.
Once the removal of snow has begun, police officers will start issuing citations on vehicles left on the street. Citations will cost $25.00 and vehicles can also be towed at the owner’s expense.