As many of you know, we have had several burglaries on vehicle in our area. There have also been burglaries in many surrounding cities, towns, and counties recently. We are asking for your help in locating these subjects along with some tips in helping prevent this from happening. If you, or any neighbor you know has any video of these perpetrators, please send that video to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, if you have had anything stolen from your vehicles, please let us know by contacting us at our non-emergency line at (515) 597-2002. If there is ever someone actively breaking into your vehicle, please call 9-1-1 immediately. Please make contact as soon as possible and notify us of the incident so that we can apprehend the assailants as soon as possible.
Our department is working alongside many other agencies currently to apprehend these subjects. Please note that we patrol areas on a regular basis and are doing everything in our power to up the patrol and be vigilant.
Please follow the tips below to help prevent these burglaries:
- Always lock your doors and roll up your windows when you park.
- Secure your car keys.
- Park your car in secure areas.
- Remove valuables from the car.
- Phones, purses, wallets, laptops, backpacks, electronics, cash (even loose coins), extra keys, guns, ammunition.
- Activate your car alarm.
- Install safety devices.
- If you have cameras, please make sure they are in working order. Also, a deterrent is keeping your porch lights on or obtaining security cameras with flood lighting on them.
- Properly insure your vehicle.